Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16 2020 - Quarantine Day 3

I missed my daily blog yesterday. I tackled one of the deadliest tasks for myself - cleaning the air purifier. Felt like it was needed. Allergies are a bit worse today because of it. But peace of mind prevails!

Today felt like a typical evening or weekend night.

I worked on homework for both of the classes I am taking (IT Fundamentals and an Ed Tech class).
I made a bunch of meals, including some from my new Hello Fresh box!
I played a bit of Civ VI on an advanced level. I'm not very good.

I took long walks with the dogs, despite brief snow and chilly temps. He ate something he shouldn't have so was a bit out of sorts today. But he bounced back around 9pm tonight.

I cleaned. Again.

But I also did a lot of social calls.
I talked to a friend who wakes up later due to medical conditions who inquired if it was safe to get an Egg McMuffin at Mickey D's.
I Facetimed with my parents in Florida who went to final doctor appointments today. It is apparently too hot to take a walk there until dusk. Oh, I wish!

Most importantly I chatted online with Italian friends. People who were to be my roommates (maybe still will, but I am losing optimism) in Scotland in May/June. We walked about Boris Johnson's press conference today. And Nicola Stergeon's press release and how poised it was compared to Johnson. But mostly I heard from them that things are really bad there. Not for them, specifically, but for Italy. One of them expressed her sadness that the rest of the world, the US included, are not taking drastic measures soon enough. Italy was a major lesson in that regard, and they don't want their suffering to have been for naught. Sometimes words can convey deep emotion. That was how it felt today.

So what will tomorrow bring? Hopefully another productive day. A good day.

Be safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment