Sunday, March 22, 2020

Quarantine Day 9: Snow & Survival in Uncertain Times

Day 9
Sunday
March 22

I promised myself I wouldn't work until Monday. But I found myself all day drawn to getting going. I am not a procrastinator by nature, at least about work. So I searched ideas on how to start students back on learning after 2 weeks off while only being accountable online. I have a plan. I'll start putting it "on paper" tomorrow.

I'm still fighting with my dog, who has been dealing with bad allergies since Thanksgiving. He licks his tail raw and today also was licking his paws. The battle is off and on. I've been drugging him with Benadryl plus an ointment on his ears/tail and a salve I found online for hotspots. I'm a believer in herbs/oils so I'm' throwing it all at him. I think he is due for his next allergy shot. Will call the vet tomorrow to see if that is possible still.

I had my first issue with asthma today in over a week. I assume it is because the weather changed drastically overnight. Being allergic to weather change PLUS the trees that are blooming PLUS mold that could creep in when it is wet is likely the cause. I should probably get back on my weather meds that I couldn't get for a few weeks at the pharmacy but now have.

On the sad side of news, I got news this evening of a friend who is in the hospital. She has been since Tuesday, just after I last chatted with her to check in. She is a Senior, but a fit and energized one. For her to say she is weak and tired is a lot. Doctor says it is pneumonia. I don't know what to think. With all else in the air right now this is bad.

If you are reading this & can help, I set up a GoFundMe for her. She still works but with a hospital stay & likely time at home to recover after, she won't have that income to depend on.
I appreciate your donation. She also welcomes prayers, if you are a praying person.



No comments:

Post a Comment