Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Always Extracurricular!

With the Homecoming festivities over I thought I'd settle into a normal week. Monday went smoothly but I've discovered pretty quickly today that I'm in for another busy week! First a quick recap on the last few days...

1)Friday 10/16 - Freshmen, my freshmen, won 2nd place for our Homecoming Float. 

2)Tailgreat (the party before the football game) happened just after the parade of floats and teams. We broke even on our Walking Taco sales. (Walking tacos are individual-sized bags of Fritos/Doritos that you scoop taco meat and the fixings into and then add a spoon). We sold them for $2.50 only to find out someone else had been approved to sell them and was selling for $1. Not bad considering we broke even. I think the "combo meal" with Capri Sun helped!

3) Football Game - our sad football team hit the field with high hopes. It was the most packed crowd yet. I left just after half time, once I assisted in getting the Homecoming Court on the field. The score then was 31 to 2 (yes, we got a safety and 2 points without even touching the ball). The final was 52-2. Ouch.

4) Saturday 10/17 Homecoming Dance - The Commons (lunchroom) is festooned with club lights along the ceiling that can be set on several settings. It reminded me of a club in Europe. Kids had fun. I basically watched them dance. If you can call it dancing, that is. I've learned that rock is dead, hip-hop and rap are the coolest thing to listen to, although Taylor Swift somehow figures into the mix. And Mariah Carey's remix of an old Foreigner song. I may have been the only one there to know who the original singer was. Home by midnight and sound asleep. Wow.

Sunday I hosted left over taco night. Had a few folks over. Good times. And more football. Teams tend to lose when I watch. No wonder I never got into this game.

Yesterday, I had a good work day. Meeting after school which covered everything from asthma to professional development.  I spent the evening doing a bit of work then headed to Parkland College to Part 2 of Italian. No one showed. I think it was cancelled but there was no notice. Bummer. I'll have to stay in the know till I head to Italy this summer for language courses!

Today, a busy work day. My alarm didn't go off so I was a bit befuddled this morning.  (First I use festooned and now befuddled. Am I living in 1860 Georgia?). Prepping for my big Interview Seminar on Friday. It's not turning out the way I wanted. Lots of my key interview folks have people out with H1N1 at work and can't make it. Hopefully it still turns out cool. If not, I have lots of people really interested in helping next year. Ya gotta start somewhere! 

Anyway, After school was a new teacher meeting. That went well. I took a 1 hour 15 min workout time at the gym which was great - abs and thighs targeting. I will have trouble walking tomorrow. After that I went to watch the Champaign-Urbana swim tournament. My 2nd swim meet this year. We need to work on flip turns. I left 2/3 through the swim meet to check out the Volley For the Cure tournament between Champaign & Urbana also taking place. I got to watch my 2 favorite sports in one night. How lucky am I? I got home around 9pm (nearly bedtime) and did work on a powerpoint for law tomorrow. It started out at 64 slides and I've got it down to 30. Now THAT is what I call work.

Enjoy the recap. It's a bit dry this week but I'm sure the next one will have more interest. And I'll get parade float photos up soon.  Buonanotte.
KB


No comments:

Post a Comment